Q: Can I cover or landscape over the manhole on my property?

A: No. As per the sanitary easement agreement, the Authority must have access to its system at all times for maintenance or repairs. Property owners cannot restrict access to manholes by burying, landscaping, planting or placing objects or structures on top of manholes. Property owners who violate this agreement can be charged the expenses associated with locating and, if necessary, raising the manhole. 

Q:  What do I do if I suspect there is a break in the main line or see an open manhole?
A:  Please call the Authority office as soon as possible at (724) 265-5315 so that the matter can be investigated.  For emergencies after normal office hours please call (412) 913-6684.

Q:  What should I do if sewage starts backing up into my home?

A:  If you are experiencing a sewer backup, call the Deer Creek Drainage Basin Authority (DCDBA) at (724) 265-5315 between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. After 4:30 p.m. or on weekends call the emergency number which is (412) 913-6684.

DCDBA representatives will provide an on-site inspection to verify that the public sewer main serving your home is functioning properly.
If there is no obstruction in the public sewer, then the property owner should contact a plumber to assess the condition of the sewer lateral that connects home or business to the public sewer main. The cost and maintenance of the sewer lateral is the responsibility of the property owner.

Q: I am moving, how can I close my sewer account?

A: Please contact your water company and request a final reading. The water company will forward the information to DCDBA and a final sewer bill will be prepared and sent to you.  If you are a well water customer, please schedule a final reading by calling our office.

Oakmont Water Authority           (412)828-7220    Website: http://www.oakmontwater.com

Hampton-Shaler Water Authority (412)486-4867    Website:  http://hswa-pa.org

Harmar Water Authority               (724) 274-7383   Website: http://www.harmarwater.com

Fawn Water Authority                   (724) 224-6562   Website: http://www.frazertownship.net